Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2007

London Broil with Mushroom Sherry Cream Sauce



I cannot really take credit for the London Broil, because I bought it at Costco---I highly recommend it, it is all marinated and already fully cooked you just need to put it in the oven for 21 min. per lb and it is so tender and yummy! It comes with this au jus sauce, and I incorporate that into my Mushroom Sherry Cream Sauce--it is yum-o on top of the London Broil (or any steak)
Mushroom Sherry Cream Sauce (these are approximations I never measure)

1 T EVOO
2 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you like)
pkg sliced baby bella mushrooms (can use sliced white too)
lots of fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 C or so of Dry Sherry
au jus sauce drained from london broil pkg (you can omit this, just use a little salt and increase amt of sherry just a tad)
just a bit of Heavy Cream (to taste--I think maybe about a 1/3 cup (dont want it too liquidy)

Saute garlic in evoo for about a minute over med and add mushrooms, and stir well, add sherry and au jus and Pepper, cook until most of the liquid is cooked off and mushrooms are thouroughly cooked (increase heat if it is not boiling)
take off heat and add cream and let sit a little bit so it can thicken. Pour over steak.

No comments: