Search This Blog

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Morton's Tri Tip Steak


This comes already marinated from Costco...it was great!!! I made a mushroom sherry cream sauce.

An approximate recipe for the mushroom sherry cream sauce

2 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 pkgs baby bella mushrooms (baby portabella), sliced
dry sherry (enough to cover the mushrooms (1/2 cup????)
Heavy Cream (1/2 Cup??)

Saute Garlic in olive oil for about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and stir. Add sherry, and cook until most of liquid is cooked off. Add Heavy cream until it seems right (I know that is no help, but I didnt measure it.). About a 1/2 cup or so. Stir and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over sirloin.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

We buy that tri tip roast from Costco all the time. DH browns the whole thing on the grill, then slices it into steaks and cooks it the rest of the way like that. We just had it last night and Im planning on making chile with the leftover meat.

Thistlemoon said...

That sauce sounds so good! I bet it would be great on chicken as well, or just eaten with a spoon!LOL!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks sooo good and tender!

Abby said...

I think the Costco meats always look great, and their butchers are very friendly, too! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

The mushroom sauce is AWESOME! I am making it right now for my pasta. Karen made it for me on my visit and I have been craving it ever since! YUM!