Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Easy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese

So this recipe was originally from Taste of Home.  I made a couple of changes...here is the original: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-mac---cheese
Really I just changed the cheeses and the pasta type.  Use whatever cheeses you have, I use whatever I need to get rid of (I am usually drowning in cheese).  My preference is sharp cheddar, pepper jack and american (american should ALWAYS be in mac and cheese....makes it very smooth and creamy), but this time I also added gouda.  This is easy and quick for a crockpot recipe....there is some prep (about 15 min) and then only 2 hours on low.  This truly is an easy recipe and perfect comfort food!!!!!!
*****I highly recommend using crock pot liners for this one!!!!!***
Easy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese

2 C uncooked macaroni noodles (I used white fiber mini shells....so closer to 3 C bc they are a little bigger)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (campbells)
1 c 2% milk
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c butter, cubed
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp salt
1 C shredded sharp cheddar
1 C shredded pepper jack
1 C yellow land o lakes American

Boil pasta til partially cooked (I did about 6 min).  Drain and combine in pot with butter.

Combine soup, sour cream,milk, onion powder, salt, dry mustard over med low in saucepan and whisk to combine.  Cook til combined and add cheeses.  Cook until melted.
Add pasta to slow cooker, pour cheese mixture over pasta, lid on and set to low for 2 hours.  PERFECTION!  So this last picture is my leftover chicken fajitas mixed in with the mac and cheese.


No comments: