Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Strawberry Crisp


I was inspired by Katie #s (as always) to make a nice summery crisp. I bought a jumbo container of strawberries at Costco, so I thought that would be good. I used her recipe for the topping as a guide(it is not exactly the same), and made up mine for the filling. It was soooo good!


Strawberry Crisp

Filling:

5 Cups Strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced
1/2 C sugar
1 T orange zest
juice of 1/2 orange
1/8 C Gran Marnier (or other orange liquer)
1 T cornstarch

Topping:

1 stick butter, chilled and cubed
1 C flour
1/2 C oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
juice of 1/4 of orange

Preheat oven to 400. Mix all filling ingredients and pour into baking dish. In med bowl add all topping ingredients and combine with a pastry cutter, 2 knives or a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling in baking dish. Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Smells like strawberry jam is cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness YUM!!!!!!! This looks sooooo good! I LOVE the bright red color of the strawberries! :)