Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sweet Potato Pie with Gingersnap Crust


I am so happy that I am getting better at making up baking recipes, because they are so much harder! So my pregnant sister requested Sweet Potato Pie for Thanksgiving and I, of course, will oblige her. So here is my recipe for Sweet Potato Pie....you will NOT be dissapointed!

Sweet Potato Pie with Gingersnap Crust

Crust:
30 gingersnap cookies ( I used keebler), crushed in food processor
7 Tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix gingersnap crumbs with melted butter and put in a 9 inch pie plate and press in and up the sides. Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Filling:
3 med size (about 1 and 1/2 lbs) sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
1/4 C butter, softened
1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp orange zest
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
pinch ground ginger
pinch ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp mascarpone cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixer bowl, beat cooled peeled sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into cooled pie crust and bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted into middle is dry. Cool and serve. I usually make this a day ahead

No comments: