Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf Two Ways




So my mom had a great idea, make meatloaf like I make my favorite meatballs. Genius...so I pretty much followed the turkey meatball recipe that I make. Two ways was an experiment to see which I like better. One has a layer of marinara sauce on top and the other has bacon layered on top. I did use center cut bacon which is a little lower in fat. The second way is in tribute to my polish grandmother who really made the best meatloaf ever and she wrapped it lovingly in bacon. I do not like burnt outside of meatloaf and the bacon adds flavor and moistness. Not sure which one I like better...maybe the bacon one.

Turkey Meatloaf Two Ways

1/2 C milk
1/2 C whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
3/4 C oatmeal
3 cloves garlic
3/4 C fresh parmesan
1 large egg, beaten
a few dashes worchestershire sauce
24 oz ground turkey
generous handful fresh parsley, chopped fine
marinara sauce
4 slices of center cut bacon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together and separate into 2 loaf pans. Pour marinara sauce over one and cover the other one with bacon (overlap if necessary). Put in oven and cook one hour. Let sit for 5 minutes and slice...mmmmmmmmmmmm wow!

No comments: