Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Creamy Balsamic Dressing

Creamy Balsamic Dressing

this I stumbled upon on pinterest:  http://www.mylifeasamrs.com/2012/03/kitchen-sink-chopped-salad-with-creamy-balsamic-dressing.html  from my life as a Mrs. blog....I made just a few changes...recipe as I did it posted below.  It was delicious...a great way to store it is in a mason jar, because you can shake it up before serving.  It makes almost a full mason jar and is absolutely delicious!!!  I served it over a very simple salad of baby greens, grape tomatoes, radicchio, crumbled blue cheese and toasted sliced almonds.  Try it!!!!

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic, crushed (orig 4 cloves grated)
3 Tbsp low fat mayo (orig full fat...you won't miss it!)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp sugar
a few shakes Morton seasoned salt (I used this bc the original Morton's seasoning I could not find)
1 and 1/2 tsp sea salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 Cup Olive oil
1 Tbsp fat free half and half (I added)

combine all ingredients in a bowl and use immersion blender to emulsify or throw all ingredients in a blender/food processor to blend til smooth.

No comments: