Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Lemon Garlic Chicken

ok, so here is another very requested recipe that is so so simple.  The chicken marinates for about 20 minutes and cooks for about another 22....on the grill it would be quicker probably, but I don't have one of those fancy things....I just have my trusty oven.  This is one of my go to recipes....and it is always the dish I make for a guy for the first time (works like a charm) shhhhhh.....
This recipe is designed for 2-3 chicken breasts so double accordingly.

Lemon Garlic Chicken

Marinade:
juice of 1-2 lemons...1/4 C juice (some yield more juice than others)
1-2 cloves garlic (make it as garlicky as you like...keep in mind not all the garlic will end up on the chicken)
1/2 C olive oil
salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste (the last part is optional)

2-3 pieces of thin cut skinless boneless chicken breasts (I use this recipe with two, but I think you can stretch it for 3)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Mix all ingredients for marinade and put in ziploc bag.  Add chicken and "massage" and seal and put in fridge for about 20 minutes.....don't leave in too long or it will start to cook bc of the citrus juice and it will NOT be good.  I use a glass plate with nonstick foil for two chicken breasts.  Place in oven for approx 22 min...if it is thicker cut cook longer until no longer pink inside.  This dish is also good cold in a salad for the next day...you will thank me, because this recipe is awesome.  Please feel free to comment!!!!

No comments: