Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Honey Vanilla Ricotta Ice Cream

So it is clean out the fridge and freezer week here, and I bought ricotta cheese and heavy cream to use for a recipe I decided not to make.....so I needed to use them somehow.

Honey Vanilla Ricotta Ice Cream

2 C Heavy Cream
2 C 2% milk
2 C whole milk ricotta cheese
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
seeds from one vanilla bean
2 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup honey (I used creamed honey from trader joe's)

Put all ingredients in a large bowl and use immersion blender to fully blend together.  Or put in food processor.  Taste to make sure the sweetness is to your liking.  I do not like sweet ice cream, so this was perfect for me.  Put mixture into ice cream maker and I churned for about a half hour.  Transfer to container and put in freezer.  I made a berry sauce to put over it.

No comments: