Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2008

Tequila and Lime Grilled Chicken



I got the original recipe from Katie#s: http://goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/2008/05/tequila-and-lime-grilled-chicken.html
I made a couple of changes and I cooked it on the stove (we dont have a grill). Here it is...it was AMAZING! And nice and spicy! I was looking for a great recipe for Cinco de Mayo (late on the BUs). I only used 1 lb of chicken and had lots of extra marinade (dont mix it all in, save it and you can use it on more chicken, shrimp, etc)

Tequila and Lime Grilled Chicken

1 lb chicken breasts (thin sliced)
1/4 C tequila
1/3 C fresh lime juice
1/4 C olive oil
1 C fresh cilantro
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Jalepeno, sliced
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp cumin

Add all ingredients except chicken to food processor and blend well. Add chicken to marinade (like I said this makes extra so I put the chicken in a dish and poured just enough marinade to cover the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (not too much longer because the lime juice will cook the chicken and make it tough). I cooked on the stovetop in a pan on med about 3-4 min on each side, until no longer pink inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! It looks great! I hope you guys liked it! It was a big hit with DH.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Chef E said...

Yum! a favorite of this Texan transplant!