Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Filet Mignon with Chimichurri Sauce


Not sure if this is authentic, there were so many different recipes. I put one together using what ingredients I thought were in it and that I liked. Adjust the amount of jalepeno if you do not like it spicy...I used 1 whole one, and it was pretty spicy.

Filet Mignon with Chimichurri Sauce

2 (3-4 oz) Filet Mignon Steaks

Cook until desired doneness and top with Chimichurri sauce.

Chimichurri Sauce:
2 C fresh flat leaf Parsley
1 and 1/4 C fresh Cilantro
1 Jalepeno, roughly chopped (if you do not like it too spicy, use 1/2)
1 tsp sea salt
Juice and zest from 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T red wine vinegar

Put all ingredients in food processor and blend until the consistency of pesto. Usually there are onions in this, I forgot to buy them, so I left them out...if you want to use them, I would use 2 small or 1 large shallot.

No comments: