Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread



I was looking for a healthy Zucchini Bread...looked at a bunch of recipes and this is what I came up with. I am proud of myself, because I am not good at making up recipes for baked goods. This came out great. Was not too sweet, if you would like it sweeter, add 1/2 cup more brown sugar. I thought it came out great. Healthy, moist and tasty!

Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread

3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 C vegetable (or canola) oil
4 oz (1/2 C) cinnamon apple sauce
1 and 1/2 C light brown sugar
3 C grated zucchini
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Mix eggs, oil, applesauce, brown sugar, zucchini and vanilla extract in large bowl. In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in walnuts.

Pour into loaf pan until filled halfway. This will leave you with a little more batter. I made 5 muffins out of it. Place loaf and muffins in oven. Take muffins out after about 20-25 min (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean). Cook the bread for an additional 70-75 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan and then remove.

No comments: