Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip


I went to a sex toy party last night and figured, a bunch of girls would love a recipe like this (and they did---the host hid the dip, so she could have it to herself)
***I forgot to do this last night, so I am giving credit to where I got the recipe ( : Thanks Chelley***I got it from Melissa's Magic in the Kitchen Blog ( who I believe got it from Chelley's blog) http://foodiemelissa.blogspot.com/2007/09/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-dip_20.html

1/2 C (1 stick) butter
1/3 C light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 8 oz package low fat cream cheese
1/2 C confectioners sugar
3/4 C mini chocolate chips (I used reg. size milk choc chips, but I think heath chips would be good too)

In small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over med heat. Stirl continuously until the brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and set aside to cool. Beat Cream Cheese and confectioners sugar for 1 minute. Slowly beat in cooled butter mixture and beat another minute. stir in choc chips and Pour into pie plate and refridgerate. Garnish with more chips. Serve with Nilla Wafers. Let stand at least 3o minutes before serving.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Karen,

I am glad that you enjoyed the cookie dough dip! I wanted to point out, however, that you did not cite any sources for the recipe. It's really important to cite the blog that you got the recipe from (I know this one has been floating around The Nest) and, if applicable, the original source of the recipe (in this case, Recipezaar).

I had originally introduced this recipe to The Nest via my blog, after a (non-blogging) friend shared it with me. You can locate my blog post of the recipe here:
http://chelley325.wordpress.com/2007/07/14/girls-love-their-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough/

And here is the link to the original recipe on Recipezaar:
http://www.recipezaar.com/171792

No ill feelings here, it's just really important that the correct people and websites get credit for recipes, both for exposure purposes (in the case of fellow bloggers) and copyright purposes (in the case of websites or cookbooks).

Please feel free to delete this comment after you have read it.

Happy cooking and baking! :)
Michelle

kebryda said...

You are right, sorry I think it was late when I posted---Im going to give credit ( :

Jaime said...

yum!