Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Impossible Pie!!!! Mexican?????


I think I am going to ask for suggestions to name this---I looked at a million different "impossible pies" on http://www.bettycrocker.com/SearchResults.aspx?searchText=impossible%2bpies and figured what would work for me and what I wanted to include. Thank god this blog makes me write things down because it really came out so good!!!! And was sooooo easy!


Karen's Impossible Pie

1 C frozen white corn, cooked
2 large shallots, chopped fine
3 Jalepenos, sliced
1 1/2 C cooked chicken (chopped)--great way to use leftover rotisserie chicken
1 can Goya black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C salsa
1 C shredded colby jack cheese
1/2 C bisquick
1/2 C milk (I used 1%)
2 eggs
low fat sour cream (for topping once cooked)

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 9inch pie plate. Layer corn, shallots, jalepenos, black beans and chicken. Sprinkle cheese on top. Mix Bisquick, milk and eggs and pour over chicken mixture. top with Salsa of your choice. Bake 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before cutting. serves 6. Spoon low fat sour cream on top before serving---otherwise it may be a little dry.

No comments: