Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Ice Box Cake


Here is a very old fashioned recipe for an easy dessert that is yummy! I think I got the original from www.allrecipes.com
but I think it called for Chocolate pudding and I had to tweak the measurements a little bit to fit a large pan.

Ice Box Cake
3 pkg french vanilla pudding mix (instant) or flavor of your choice
3 C milk (cold) I used 1 %
12 oz container of Lite Cool Whip (separated into 8 oz and 4 oz) Thawed
1 16 oz pkg graham crackers

Mix pudding mix and milk with hand mixer for 2 minutes and then mix in 8 oz of cool whip. In a 9X13 pan layer graham crackers on the bottom (use broken pieces to fill in gaps). Layer pudding mixture on top. Complete layers with graham crackers and pudding mixture. Last layer should be graham crackers and then 4 oz of cool whip topping. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.

No comments: