Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

I am inspired by Katie #s

I frequent a message board where someone we call Katie#s has this great blog called The Hyper Homemaker: http://hyperhomemaker.blogspot.com/ and she has these great tips and everything....anyhoo....she does something called 15 minute friday, and she does a different small chore or thing that needs to be done that will take about 15 minutes. Sometimes it is something that you would never realize only took about

15 minutes and now it's done. I have a long list of things to do around the apartment that never seem to get done, so she has inspired me to take 15 minutes out of my day (if able to) and either do one of these things or work on it for 15 minutes. I did my first 15 minute project yesterday....recovered my dining room chairs, finally!!! I have had the fabric for about 6 months or more and just never get to it. They really came out great, and I didnt time it, but I am sure it did not take more than 15 minutes. So thank you Katie!!!!!! Here are the results:



Before









After

This is a list of projects I want to work on:
Cleaning husbands office (will take multiple 15 minute days)
our bedroom closet---organize, donate clothes we dont wear
Finish recovering chairs (there are two in the basement)
Dust the newly recovered chairs
Organize recipes in personal cookbook
Clean oven
Organize laundry room
Hall closet (this is my version of Monica Gellar's Messy Closet)
getting together a list of recipes I want to try

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm so flattered! That is so awesome! Those chairs looks GREAT! Yeah, if I didn't have my set schedule of Tackle it Tesdays and Fifteen Minute Fridays, I'd never get all that little stuff done. GO FOR IT! I'm so happy it's working for you! :)