Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

low fat buttermilk blue cheese dressing

This was really great. I had leftover buttermilk from the irish soda bread that I made, and I hate to waste food....so I found a recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ for "The Best Blue Cheese Recipe" found here:
so I used low fat ingredients, a little bit more blue cheese and also used apple cider vinegar instead of white wine vin. It was so great---best if chilled for a couple of hours. You will never know it is healthy!!!!! Ill post a picture soon.

Low Fat Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing

2 and 1/2 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese (heaping tablespoons)
3 T low fat buttermilk
3 T low fat sour cream
2 T light mayo (only Helmann's)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp garlic powder (I will use more next time)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in food processor or blender until blended. I used my magic bullet and it worked great! I put lots of fresh ground pepper. mmmmmmmmm!

No comments: