Search This Blog

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sweet, Salty Frito Candy










This stuff is so great---Ultimate PMS snack!!! Thanks to Cookie Madness... http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=703 I made a few adjustments that you can see in the recipe below.
2 and 1/4 C pretzels
1 and 1/4 C fritos
15 small peanut butter cups
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C brown sugar
2 C milk chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 and line pan with non stick foil. Break up pretzels and fritos (I did this in large ziploc) and pour into pan. Unwrap pb cups and cut them into fourths. Dump them on top, scattered.


Place butter in saucepan and melt. Stir in brown sugar and bring to full boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring once or twice. Pour over Frito mixture and bake 8 minutes.


Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over hot candy, return to oven 1 minute. Spread chocolate over candy evenly. Cool at room temp until ready for fridge. Cool in fridge completely and break into pieces.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This sounds a little kooky at first, but I bet I'd love it. Sweet/salty mixes are the best! :)

Lindsey said...

The more I see people making this the more I want to try it!! I am going to have to make this soon!!! Looks Great!