Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Creamy Tomato Mac and Cheese


This recipe is the one my Dad always made for me growing up and it is still my fave! It is VERY easy! It makes it's own sauce

Creamy Tomato Mac and Cheese

1 Can Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 Can (use soup can) milk (any kind but skim, I use 1 %--whole works best)
2 C dry elbow Macaroni
an 8 oz. block of Colby Jack, shredded **Do not use white cheddar, it clumps**

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil macaroni in salted water for about 8-10 minutes, drain. While pasta is cooking whisk together tomato soup and milk in a casserole dish and add most of cheese (just save enough for sprinkling on the top). Add macaroni and mix, sprinkle remainder cheese on top. I usually sprinkle some sea salt on top. Bake covered for 30 minutes and then take the cover off and broil until top is golden. You may need salt on the mac once it's done, it is not very salty at all.

1 comment:

Lorraine Bryda said...

eee! I made this tonight....so yummy. I used Campbell's tomato bisque instead (all I had) so good...little pieces of tomato in it!