Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Crockpot Mushroom Chicken


I made this last night for dinner and it was so great! I got the original recipe from a great website called: http://www.my-crockpot-recipes.com/ but I modified it a bit (I never follow a recipe). Those modifications are in bold. The only thing I would do differently next time is use an extra pkg of mushrooms. I served it with roasted sweet potatoes and steamed green beans.


Mushroom Chicken in a Crockpot

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 large chix breasts and they equaled about 1lb total)

1 pkg chicken gravy mix (the powdered kind)

1 C White Wine (I used dry sherry, and used half to saute the mushrooms and 1/2 in the crock)

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)

8 oz cream cheese (I used 6 oz of low fat cream cheese)

1 pkg sliced mushrooms (use two!!!)

1-2 cloves garlic

1 T EVOO

garlic powder and onion powder (your pref--I used a couple of shakes of each)

Saute garlic 1 min in EVOO and add mushrooms and saute another minute, add 1/2 C dry sherry and salt and pepper and cook until there is very little liquid left. In the meantime, place chicken breasts in the bottom of crock and season with salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder and sprinkle dry gravy mix over chicken breasts (I only used about 1/2 the pkg), turn heat off of mushroom mixture and add can of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 c dry sherry and whisk until combined. Pour over chicken and set crock on high for 3 hours. In the last 1/2 hour add cream cheese, cubed and recover and cook for remainder. When done check the chicken for doneness and remove from crock. Whisk sauce together and serve over chicken.

No comments: